- In October 2021, Oryx merged its assets, operations, and commercial activities in the Permian Basin into a newly formed joint venture with Plains All American, Plains Oryx Permian Basin LLC
- The JV provides customers enhanced flexibility, optionality and connectivity
- Oryx provides critical oversight on material JV operating and commercial decisions through its role on the JV's joint operating committee and Board
- Through its interest in Plains Oryx Permian Basin, Oryx remains dedicated to providing a full suite of midstream services
- Oryx is now one of the largest privately held midstream crude operator in the Permian Basin.
- The entire midstream system now includes 2.1 million barrels of storage and approximately 1,200 miles of in-service and under-construction pipeline spanning eight counties in Texas and New Mexico.
- Two new financial partnerships are formed. Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners announced the acquisition of Oryx Midstream for $3.6 billion. Later that year, Qatar Investment Authority announced an additional investment of approximately $550 million.
- Additionally, Rattler Midstream, a subsidiary of Diamondback Energy, and Oryx announced a joint acquisition of Reliance Gathering, LLC for $355 million.
- Oryx expands the scope of its regional crude oil gathering and trunk line transportation system through the execution of new, long-term acreage dedications totaling approximately 300,000 acres
- Company’s total dedicated acreage is approximately 900,000 acres from more than 20 producers, making Oryx the largest, private midstream oil supply aggregator in the Delaware Basin
- Oryx announces a new 200-mile regional crude oil transportation pipeline and trunk line transportation system with WPX Energy and other major producer customers
- Project increases total Delaware Basin dedication footprint and system capacity to more than 850,000 acres and 600,000 barrels per day
2014 - 2016
2014 - 2016
- Oryx Midstream is formed to pursue midstream opportunities in the Permian Basin.
- Begins focus in the Delaware Basin by beginning construction on the Oryx Trans Permian Pipeline.
- In 2016, the Oryx Trans Permian Pipeline is completed and includes more than 350 miles of crude oil gathering pipeline, 100 miles of transmission pipeline and three storage terminals.